I’m a list maker.
Since probably 2nd or 3rd grade when “jump on the trampoline with Adam” was on the list.
Now a’ days it’s things like “finish project proposal” or “get an oil change”.
Every year on my birthday and at the start of a new year I make a list of goals.
I love lists. I love scratching things off. I love getting it all down on paper so that my head doesn’t pop off. I love categorizing things on the list with astrics for the reeeeally important things.
All of that to say, I’ve had a running list for life. Things I MUST do before Heaven.
1. Adopt a child
2. Sky dive
3. Parasail (check)
4. Get a PhD
5. Go to India (check)
6. Go to Africa (check)
7. Go to Italy
8. Go to Ireland and sing at Pub
9. Write a book
10. Go whitewater rafting (check)
11. Create scrapbook of Grandma and Grandpa Lynn’s lives
12. Record Grandma and Grandpa Keel’s memories/stories
13. Go on a Gondala ride
14. Fill all the pages in my passport
15. Take a photography class
16. Go out of my “context” at least one a year
17. Read one book per month
18. Read all the books I currently own before buying more
19. Go on a Daniel fast
20. Donate my hair (check) Again _____
21. Take mom to the beach, just us
22. Work at an orphange (check) Again ____
23. Work for a safe house
24. Go on a rescue
25. Get my LPC
26. Drink only water for one week
27. Learn to crochet (check)
28. Visit every state in the US
29. Sponsor a child consistently
30. Take a trip with my husband to where mine and his parents and grandparents met.
31. Rock my baby in the rocking chair that’s rocked my grandmother, mom and I.
32. Write out 1,000 gifts that I’m thankful for
33. Re-read journals from high school
34. Visit Tennnessee family once every 6 months
35. Buy a home
36. Save for the “travel” fund monthly
37. Keep up “Norton” letters
38. Ride in a hot air ballooon
39. Experience emotion with God, not apart from Him